Kaiyuan Zhang | 张开元
Department of Computer Science
305 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN, 47907
zhan4057 [at] purdue [dot] edu
Google Scholar | Twitter | GitHub | LinkedIn | Résumé/CV
I am a third-year Ph.D. student in the Department of Computer Science at Purdue University, working with Prof. Xiangyu Zhang. My research interests focus on security and privacy in machine learning, specifically on federated learning.
Before joining Purdue, I spent a wonderful year as a visiting graduate student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, worked with Prof. Tao Xie and Prof. Tianyin Xu. I received an M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Dallas, worked with Prof. Wei Yang. I was a full-time research assistant worked with Prof. Wei Chen at the State Key Laboratory of CAD&CG for 1.5 years, at Zhejiang University before starting grad school.
Research Opportunities: I am always happy to discuss and brainstorm; if you’re a researcher/student interested in working on federated learning, security, privacy, or responsible AI more generally, reach out to me!
New! I am a co-organizer for the PurduePAML Machine Learning & Security Seminar at Purdue University. Please email me if you want to give a talk!
New! I am a co-organizer for the Workshop on Backdoor Attacks and Defenses in Machine Learning (BANDS) at ICLR 2023. We invite submissions on any aspect of backdoor attacks and defenses in machine learning!
- 11/2022. I am co-organizing the workshop on Backdoor Attacks and Defenses in Machine Learning (BANDS) at ICLR 2023!
- 10/2022. Happy to receive Best Paper Award from ECCV 2022 Workshop on Adversarial Robustness in the Real World!
- 04/2022. Grateful to receive the Summer Research Grant Award from [email protected]!
- 05/2021. I am co-organizing the Machine Learning & Security Seminar at Purdue University!
- 10/2020. Honored to receive the ACM CCS student conference grant!
- Best Paper Award at ECCV 2022 AROW Workshop, October 2022
- Purdue University Summer Research Grant Award, April 2022
- ACM CCS Student Conference Grant, October 2020
- China National Scholarship (0.2% in China), November 2016
• Workshop on Backdoor Attacks and Defenses in Machine Learning (BANDS) at ICLR 2023
• PurduePAML Machine Learning & Security Seminar at Purdue University, 2021 - present
- Program Committee: ICML Workshop on Adversarial Machine Learning Frontiers 2022
- Reviewer: IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP) 2023
- Co-Reviewer: ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS): 2022, 2021
- Co-Artifact Evaluation: International Conference on Computer-Aided Verification (CAV), 2019
- Student Volunteer: ICML 2021, ICLR 2021, ECOOP/ISSTA 2021, CCS 2020, SIGMOD 2020