Kaiyuan Zhang | 张开元
Department of Computer Science
305 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN, 47907
Email: zhan4057 [at] purdue [dot] edu
Google Scholar | Twitter | GitHub | LinkedIn
I am a third-year Ph.D. student in the Department of Computer Science at Purdue University, working with Prof. Xiangyu Zhang. My research interests focus on security and privacy in machine learning, specifically on federated learning.
Before joining Purdue, I spent a wonderful year as a visiting graduate student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, worked with Prof. Tao Xie and Prof. Tianyin Xu. I received an M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Dallas, worked with Prof. Wei Yang. I was a full-time research assistant worked with Prof. Wei Chen at the State Key Laboratory of CAD&CG for 1.5 years, at Zhejiang University before starting grad school.
Research Opportunities: I am always happy to discuss new research directions; if you’re a student interested in working on federated learning, security, privacy, or responsible AI more generally, reach out to me!
- 04/2022. Grateful to receive the Summer Research Grant from [email protected]!
- 10/2020. Honored to receive the ACM CCS student conference grant!
- 08/2020. Boilermakers! Incoming CS Ph.D. student at Purdue University.
- 05/2019. Excited to be a visiting graduate student at [email protected]!
- Purdue University Summer Research Grant, April 2022
- ACM CCS Student Conference Grant, October 2020
- China National Scholarship (0.2% in China), November 2016
- Program Committee: ICML Workshop on Adversarial Machine Learning Frontiers 2022
- External Reviewer: ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS): 2022, 2021
- External Artifact Evaluation: International Conference on Computer-Aided Verification (CAV), 2019
- Student Volunteer: ICML 2021, ICLR 2021, ECOOP/ISSTA 2021, CCS 2020, SIGMOD 2020